In this digital age, various challenges that have viral on social media like a wildfire Now there’s a new viral sensation that’s spreading across everyone’s Twitter and Instagram is #10YearChallenge
Enter the 10-year challenge. However, what is it, and how can you take part?
Here’s everything you need to know.
What is the #10YearChallenge?
If you use social media, you ’ve noticed some people posting then-and-now profile pictures on social media platforms.
It’s a trend that’s also known as the #10YearChallenge but is also have different names, including the “2009 vs. 2019” or “Then or Now”
The viral craze involves people comparing pictures of themselves in 2009 to ones taken in 2019 on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
According to social media stats, Currently, “#10YearChallenge” has 1.6m posts on Instagram while “#2009vs2019” has 113,000 posts.
When and why did it start?
As with most social media challenges, it is a little unclear as to who or what started the movement.
While some suggest it has something to do with Facebook’s “Memories” feature that reminds you of long-forgotten photos, others suspect it is because 2009 was the year that social media took off.
How can you take part?
- Participating in the challenge is relatively
- All you have do is to share two side photographs of yourself one from 2009 and one from 2019.
- You can do this by downloading a collage app, that will let you merge multiple images into one.
- When your side-by-side photo is ready, simply post it to your social media channel of choice with the hashtag #10YearChallenge.
- Alternatively, you can choose to post a single throwback image.
The challenge, however, looks innocent and harmless in purpose can supposedly outpour a latent connotation attached to it with many brands and peoples are showing up their creativity on social media.